Tuesday 7 February 2012

Around the office.

Holy shiz! 

How fast have the past couple of weeks gone by!?! I can't believe that we're already into February....and I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted! Wasn't the goal for 2012 to be a better blogger....grow this site? 

Let's just say that January was an uphill battle of sorts filled with a gazillion adventures and emotions - both planned and unplanned. I think I kinda finally feel like a grownup. 
Anyways, it's a new month filled with new adventures, lots of potential & opportunity...and so far, so good!

I've been crazy busy around the office as of late! Seriously - I'm like the Tasmanian Devil when I get into work. I've got a million different projects on the go right and sometimes feel like all I do is spin in circles throwing files around. However, slowly but surely, everything is starting to make sense.
A lot of time has been devoted to arranging for the arrival of 60-ish containers of spring and summer fun. I've got loads of amazing seasonal pieces coming from overseas and I'm excited for them to arrive! You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to seeing the bright colours that come with summer (Winnipeg's looking pretty bleak right now...)! 

I received confirmation this morning that my first couple of containers arrived and were being un-stuffed this afternoon....exciting stuff! I can't wait to share some snaps once everything is set-up and looking great! Did I mention that I'll be broke after buying one of everything that's coming off the containers?! I'm especially excited for my Vietnamese pottery....bright turquoise! Lots of reds! Amazing ceramic garden stools! Can't wait!
And while I'm uber excited for spring to arrive (for personal and professional reasons), professionally I'm already looking ahead to this coming fall - I've spent the past couple of weeks reviewing upholstery swatches, granite colours, wood finishes and quotes from what seems like every second factory in Asia...
It can be a little bit overwhelming at times...I've got some tight deadlines and a lot of numbers to figure out, colours to pick, etc, etc, but at the same time it's pretty damn exciting! I mean, not that many people get to play with fabric swatches or see the actual factory cost of pieces (before the retailers throw on their markups....). It's a pretty neat process. Plus there's fabric swatches (I mentioned those already didn't I?)!

At some point I'll dig myself out from under the stack of catalogues and brochures that's starting to fill my office (I guess that's what I get for posting a couple of inquiries onto LinkedIn....), will figure out which fabric swatches make me the happiest and will hopefully resume activities at a somewhat normal pace....at which time I'll begin looking for summer seasonal pieces again - for 2013. 
At some point I should invest in a couple calendars so I can remember what month I'm actually in vs. which month's purchases I'm reviewing....

But until then, I'm gonna keep exploring, digging, uncovering and investigating all of the different puzzle pieces that make my job as exciting and interesting as it is! 

What's exciting and motivating you around your workplace? I'm curious to know!

Don't be shy! I wanna see what you have to say!

D-

PS. At some point I'll get around to putting my newly repainting living and dining room back together - the colour looks awesome & I can't wait to show you what I've done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...