Wednesday 29 June 2011

Mr. Mitchell Builds His Dream Blog

One of my favourite movies of all time is Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. It's an ol' skool Cary Grant movie from the 40s. The story is a bit cheesy, but cute....dreamy Grant and his wife want to get away from the rat race and stumble across a quaint country home. Long story short - existing house needs too much work, ends up bulldozed and a new house and ridiculous story line ensue.

Mr Blandings Builds his Dream House movie poster


And though this film is over 60 years old, the perils and trials of building a home haven't really changed. Plans that look great on paper sometimes don't work out as expected....and things can change quickly. There are hiccups along the way - but in the end the work will have been worth the blood, sweat and tears.

Mr Blandings Builds his Dream House

And though I'm nowhere near building a home of my own, let alone buying a 'fixer-upper' I'm currently working on building a better looking blog. This I'm finding out is easier said than done. While I'd love to hand over a cheque to someone with mad skills that's not an option at the moment...student loan and car payments come first (who knew that I'd still be paying for bar nights from five years ago today?). 

Mr Blandings Builds his Dream House

All that said - I'm going to be spending the next couple of days seeing if I can tweak my home on the net. To be honest I really have no clue what I'm doing. I thought I'd figured out a bunch of stuff, only to discover that I'd erased a bunch of widgets....hmm. I ask that you bear with me! It might get scary, but I promise that I'll have it figured out shortly!

Cheers,
D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...