Thursday 23 June 2011

This is why you hire a stager (or someone with a bulldozer)

You know that old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" Sometimes when I'm checking out real estate listings I'll stumble across a space that's scary enough that it's almost impossible for even me to find something positive to say. It's just that ugly folks.

I feel like I should warn you about how bad this place looks. Maybe something a bit like this -


I'm pretty sure that someone's delightfully wonderful granny lived in this home before it was listed. That said, before listing, somebody should have stepped in and told granny and her family that she'd probably bank a lot more coin if she cleared out, well, everything.

Without further rambling, I present to you, one of the scariest spaces that I've seen in recent history -


I




I really have no words to say. I can vaguely visualize how this space could look like if you cleared out the scary silk flowers, the velvet paintings, terrifying bird hanging on the wall in the bedroom, the uber chic wagon wheel chandelier, the scent of garlic and moth balls....but it's still scary enough that I think that it would hurt to think about trying to transform this space. I mean, where does one start?

I say we start with a big, I mean BIG truck backed up to the front door and figure it out from there.

Oye.

What's the first thing that you'd do in this space?

D-

2 comments:

  1. I was doing OK until the kitchen. I just can't stand an outdated kitchen! Where would I start? I'd have to inspect it properly in person, but I have a feeling setting it on fire and building from scratch would be more efficient that clearing out all of that junk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, it's funny and I love your style!

    That bird is really freaky, I think I would run out of the bedroom screaming if I had taken a tour myself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...