Thursday 24 November 2011

Looking ahead.

So here we are, November 24th, and I'm wondering - where did this month go? Seriously. Where did it go? Weren't we just enjoying Halloween like last weekend? It's almost the end of November and I don't have a single Christmas decoration up yet...I might be slipping!

I've been a busy boy to say the least! Work and life in general have been keeping me on my toes....and honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I like a little bit of chaos. Or rather, organized confusion....

Work has been a lot of fun (who'd of thunk it?), I'm currently trying to piece together the last of my summer seasonal stuff for next year - I've been booking patio furniture and outdoor decor left, right and centre - I can't wait to share some pics of everything when it arrives. As of this morning, I was trying to navigate my way through a sea of fabric options for throw cushions and lounger pads...where's a guy to begin?
Throw in the stacks of catalogues of garden decor items along with catalogues of vanities, area rugs, lamps, bi-cast leather furniture and Christmas merchandise for the second half of 2012 and I'm not lacking any work!

On the home front, I'm feeling a bit like a bad parent for neglecting this blog! It hasn't been on purpose - really! My place is probably feeling the same way you guys are - I still haven't finished painting my living and dining room....it needs loads of touch ups and I have to finish the trim up. Someday.

The only thing that I've been successful at is tackling the monstrosity that is my bedroom closet. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little bit of a clothes horse....at times my bedroom looks like a clothing store that threw-up all over the place. I'm come to the conclusion that I own more dress shirts than any guy should have - whether he's gay, straight or otherwise....(is it wrong to bring in the gay thing to justify buying more shirts?).

After some serious digging and sorting Value Village ended up with four garbage bags of clothes that I'd either gotten bored with, outgrown, were too big or that I'd forgotten about all together. It's funny how getting rid of a pile of "stuff" can make a guy feel lighter and in some goofy way, happier. That and I found a couple shirts that I bought this summer and forgot about...tags still intact. Oye.

Looking ahead, work's only going to get crazier as I try to figure out how the hell I'm going to pull my seasonal projects together. And as we head closer and closer to Christmas things around home are also going to get nutty with dinners, parties, shopping and hopefully some Dan-pretending-to-be-crafty sessions. I'm hoping to yank some stuff out tonight...we'll see what happens. Regardless of how much, or how little I accomplish, you'll see the (hopefully not scary) end results!

Now, bring on the eggnog!
D-

PS.
Did I mention that I'm planning on becoming an eggnog snob this holiday season? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...