Friday 7 October 2011

Mellow yellow.

I don't know if I'm trying to compensate for spending the beginning of the week under the covers sneezing and hacking away, but here it is Thursday, approximately two in the morning, and I'm still wide awake and playing with my latest project piece.

I've still got a couple of coats of paint to go, but it's already looking great....a real show stopper! Any ideas on what colour I decided to paint it!??!


That's right! I finally went out and found the brightest of bright yellows! A couple of months ago I did a post on my love of all things yellow, and decided that it was finally time to inject a bit of this beloved colour into my space!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit nervous about seeing how this colour looks in my living room, but at the same time I know that it will look great! That is, after two more coats of paint followed the three, possibly four coats of urethane....

Give me a couple of days and I'll have something fun to share!

D-

PS.
Have you ever had the chance to play around with a rounded Euro-tip sash brush? I'd brought home a couple of samples from the office ages ago and have finally gotten a chance to play with them and am loving them! They're awesome for corners and tight spaces; plus they've got a slightly firmer bristle which makes it almost effortless when you want to be extra anal about the way your trim looks....I'm sold! 


1 comment:

  1. oh, good tip on the brush!
    Love the yellow, hubs and I painted our first kitchen trim that colour in 1987...sigh memories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...