Friday 30 December 2011

The year in review.

2011 you rocked my socks!

Well, almost.

It's crazy to think that not only has Christmas come and gone, but that we're on the cusp of a New Year! 

And while I'm not one to want to make huge plans for the evening of the 31st, I do like taking a couple of minutes to think about the year that has been and to look at the events that have shaped me and affected me throughout the past year. So much has happened that I don't want to bore you with all the details...but know that it has been a crazy year! A year of firsts and lots of adventures and changes - more travel than ever, the beginnings of this blog - which has been one of the best creative outlets ever for me, adventures and projects galore and a new job which has never seen me more happy professionally! What's not to love?!

Speaking of this blog, who'd of thunk that I'd still be plunking away, still coming up with posts. Not this boy! Over the past eight months I've grown this project - the result of me being too bored in the office one afternoon, into one that I love. I've discovered and conversed with some great individuals online, shared a lot of goofy thoughts, some neat ideas and even vented a little (okay, a lot for a few months...).

While time will only tell what the events of the coming year will bring I do want to say thank you for reading my ramblings and for sharing them with your friends! I had no idea what was going to happen when I keyed in the first of many posts to come eight months ago, but this has been an awesome experience! I definitely have some ideas rolling around in the back of my head for 2012 and can't wait to see them unfold.

Now, enough of me rambling - let's take a look at some randomness from the past year!

Most read in - Canada, USA, El Salvador & Russia
http://www.exploratorydesign.org/russia/
How cool is it to know that the ideas that you're reading about are being read by individuals on the other side of the world! Mucho love to those of you abroad who are finding me and are searching me by name! Makes a guy feel kind of special!

Most read post - It's a tie! You're loving two of my favourite posts - Framed and Dan wants to move into a school house. (I know, I know....the title of the second).
Most searched terms - Dan Mitchell Style, Picture Frame Wall, Dan design blog, Sarah Richardson's Ass (I kid you not...), danmitchellstyle
http://meganleiter.wordpress.com
My favourite (and your most read about) project - remember when I played fairy god father to a nightstand back in July? It's still one of my favourite furniture pieces that I've redone...who'd of thunk that a Goodwill cast-off with a case of the uglies could turn into something so sexy?! Seriously. I swear, I'd be the perfect guy for an HGTV gig, haha.

Before if you'll remember -
And after some Dan lovin' -

My favourite Pinterest shot that I've posted -
Pinned Image
http://pinterest.com
Everything about this picture is magic to me. This year has been all about new adventures, changing directions and trying to figure out how to navigate my own 'Game of Life' board. This year has had its fair share of twists and turns...and while some of them are bound to follow me into the coming year, I'm excited to see what happens and where I land.

Fave pic of mine that I've posted -
There's a pretty long personal story that goes behind this picture, but it's one of my fave shots ever - sometimes it the cloudiest, gloomiest and most depressing of days that can generate a shot this beautiful and awe inspiring.

See it's been a fun year!

And though I could go on all day sharing the things that I've loved, discovered, shared or been introduced to over the course of this past year, I'll let you sleuth through my posts at your leisure. You won't be disappointed! I promise.

Here's to 2012! The new, the familiar, the scary and the unknown! I can't wait!

Now let's go find some good wine...

XO,
D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...