Tuesday 20 September 2011

Stop the world!

Hard things are put in our way,
not to stop us, but to call out our courage
and strength.

-Unknown

September is proving to be the month of curve balls.

And to tell you the truth, I've having trouble keeping up with them.

Actually, to be quite honest, I'm exhausted. All I want to do is go home and curl up in a ball under a blanket. The past couple of weeks have been non-stop, go-go-go at work and I feel like I'm ready to jump off the train or raise my flag or do whatever it is that people do when they want to say "stop."

Throw in a week long adventure in Saskatchewan that was sprung on me at the last minute and I'm really ready for a couple of days of Dan time. No spreadsheets or possible career shakeups. No contracts. No driving across the province and back. No work people. Just time for me to enjoy the things that make me happy - my friends and loved ones, my random projects, adventures around the city, mornings spent in bed, spending rainy afternoons making pizza and watching reruns of whatever and just....relaxing.

The thing is, it's only Tuesday...

I've got three and a half more days to go before some straight-up Dan time (sans work projects). Until then, I'm on a mission to find small adventures and projects to bring me down to Earth outside of work hours - getting together with friends, not worrying about the unfinished projects scattered around home, coming up with some fun blog ideas (I missed you guys while I was away for work!) and most importantly - leaving work at work. This whole going home and not being able to turn the switch off thing sucks...

I think that I've got enough stuff to keep me focused and motivated until the weekend(after a good nap that is...). If you're looking for me, I'll be at work napping under my desk until home time (a guy can dream can't he?).

How do you keep focused on what's really important when the world feels like it's going a million miles an hour?

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...