Thursday 1 September 2011

Thrift Thursday.

I'm really excited to share this week's Thrift Thursday find with you! No, seriously. You have no idea. I turned into a total girl when I found what I'm about to show you. I shrieked, eked and later swore like a banshee (but more about that later on).

I've been living with one of those ugly glass-front TV stands for a couple of years now and have wanted to kick it up a notch. It's FINALLY time to ditch the last of the college furniture so to speak. While the $3.00 Goodwill TV stand had served its purpose, I wasn't really keen on the fiberboard construction, glass door, lack of DVD storage and overall ugliness. It was time to go.

But what to replace it with?

I was running some errands the other night (isn't that how it always starts?) when I stopped off at a Salvation Army to dump off some clothes. I figured that since I was there I may as well make the rounds (but of course). After checking out the lackluster mix of housewares I wandered over to the furniture department where I found this bad boy -
How great is this vintage buffet?!?

They'd just but this beauty on the floor and there were a couple of other interested parties, but I was like "you're comin' home with me big boy.." and proceeded to run up to the front of the store to pay for it. Seriously. I tore through that store...there may have been people looking at me. But I didn't care - I wasn't about to lose out on this awesome piece!

It was only after paying for buffet that I realized that I had to somehow get it home in my two-door Alero. That's right, caught in the moment, I bought a giant piece of furniture without thinking about the logistics involved in getting it from one end of the city to the other...

(that sounds like something I would do...)

It took 45 minutes to maneuver the piece into the car, resulting in me having the driver's seat pushed as close to the steering wheel as possible, one of the buffet's legs hitting the back of my neck and the longest ride home ever.

Once home, it took another 45 minutes (for reals) to maneuver the piece out of my backseat, followed by two flights of stairs and my thumb jambed in a door before this beauty found itself at home in my living room.

Who said thrifting was easy?

That said, when you find a piece like this for the princely sum of $15.00 how can you not bring it home (jammed thumb and all)?!

The only question left to ask is what colour do I finish this beauty in? My ever practical choices of A) black or B) white? Or do I go all out and add a bit of colour into my living room? Bright yellow? Orange?

Stay tuned to see the outcome!
D-

PS. Next time I venture out I'll make sure I have a tape measure with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...