Wednesday 27 April 2011

Just one thing.

I've got a few collections.  Okay.  That's a lie.  I have a lot of different things that I collect.  You name it, I probably had a collection at one point.  Snow globes - yes.  Pencils with cool graphics - yes.  Archie comics - yes.  Vintage cookie tins - yes.  Hot Wheels - hell yes!

While I might not be digging around boxes at garage sales for Hot Wheels or snow globes anymore, there are still a few different things that I'm continuously on the hunt for.  As we get to know each other, I figured that it would be fun if I showed you some of my secret collections...I mean, why not?  If anything I might just inspire you to start your own collection - or to sort through your own collections.

First up - my vintage postcards!


I think that I started collecting postcards when I was still in elementary school and my Mom gave me a stack of old postcards that she'd collected over the years.  As I started checking out auctions and flea markets I'd randomly stumble across stacks of them....and they proved to be a cheap thing to collect.  I've never paid more than a dollar for any particular postcard - including a couple of European ones from the early 1900's.  Postage still intact!  

Each one is so unique and different and I think that after years of them being left in a couple of boxes and envelopes it's finally time to give them a permanent home.  I haven't figured out how I'd like to show them off yet, but I'm hoping to stumble across some ideas that I can put to use!

What do you collect?

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...