Monday 25 April 2011

The scary before pictures.

I've been in my place for a couple of years now, and it's slowly but surely starting to feel like home.  Actually, scratch that.  You know it's home when you start dumping out desk drawers to hunt down that one stupid tax paper that you can't find.  Damn you income taxes!

That said, my place still feels like a work in progress.  Basically the canvas is painted, but it's all about figuring out the details - deciding how to tweak what I've got going on and how I can best showcase my pieces.  But before I show you any of that tweaking, I think that we should back the bus up a bit.  That's right!  It's time for me to share some amazingly ugly before pictures of my place!


When I landed my last position I had yet to move into Winnipeg, I basically had four days to find a place and move into the city from a little farm four hours away.  Having lived with roommates my last year of college, I had nothing (absolutely nothing) when it came to furniture - so have started from scratch.  Who doesn't love a fireplace surround painted in 'ugly house trim' brown?



This also explains the Rubbermaid tote nightstands and camping bed.


No furniture, but a snazzy dishwasher (that works most of the time)!



The first furniture purchase - the classic, yet unbelievably uncomfortable Zen stools from Superstore.



Yet another glimpse of the ever classy master bedroom and it's uber-chic window covering.

So you're probably wondering, "how did his place turnout?"  You'll just have to wait and see!  Prepare to have your mind blown!  Well, maybe not blown, but it does feel a heck of a lot more homey....stay tuned!

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...