Thursday 21 April 2011

Thrift Thursday

Mister and I decided to make the long weekend extra long by taking today off to just kickback and relax. Obviously, this included a bit of thrifting fun with a stop at my favourite thrifting hot stop.  Yup, that's right, Value Village.  Sometimes I score, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I'll come away with a book or plate or random trinket that makes me smile but today I hit the jackpot!

First, up this snazzy shell vase in a pale blue-green tone.  Canadian made, and kind of cool looking, this guy will look nifty perched atop a pile of books or holding small-goods on my desk.


Next up, yet another bag of shells.  What can I say?  When it comes to bags of shells I'm a complete sucker.  I've got them scattered around my place....I love the way that a couple of vases filled with them look, or how a fishbowl filled with them can help bring a guy back to Mexico....le sigh.


Lastly, we've got the piece de resistance of my haul - an AMAZING enamel fondue set!  A couple weeks ago, a group of us were out for fondue and we kept coming back to how much we loved the restaurant's vivid enamel pots.  I've seen them on Etsy and in a couple of vintage shops but wasn't ready to fork out the big bucks to buy one.  I never dreamed of stumbling across an unused set - original stickers intact, for get this - $3.99!  I can't wait to put this bad boy to use!  Drool away friends!


Not a scratch to be seen; this set is mint!  Be jealous!


Can you believe it?!?  $3.99!  


The only question left to answer is - chocolate or cheese?

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...