Monday 9 May 2011

And this is why you hire a home stager....

If you're anything like me, you randomly wander over to your local MLS listings from time to time to see what's for sale (or to snoop and see what your neighbour's house looks like). And if you're even more like me, regardless of how nice the rooms are appointed, you'll find something that you'd change if you were to move in.

However, there are also times when you're flipping through listings and you'll come across a home that literally has you asking out loud "what the hell were these people thinking?!?" Or better yet "weren't these people told by their estate agent that their blood red dining room and heavily paneled living room is doing nothing to showcase the home?!?"

I figured that for the fun of it, from time to time I'm going to see if I can come across 'the best of the worst'....rooms that are so bad that you can't help but want to shake your head.

Here's what I came up for this first round - 

Room number one features reading lamps suitable for someone nine feet tall, a painting of an eagle and some sexy dirty paneling....homey huh?


The last thing that I want to do in room number two is cook or eat. That wallpaper border is terrifying. I'm pretty sure that they're supposed to be flowers, but they kind of look like nasty scary lips. Non? That and anyone who tells you that green counter tops are a good idea needs to be slapped (just saying).


And last but not least, we have room number three.  Instant popcorn when you want it the most!? Everything about this room is wrong from the furniture colour and carpet to the couch, college dorm room lamp and brass accents. I say we open the front door and push everything out into the street. I'm all of upcycling and reusing elements of a room, but this is bad....to the power of ten.


I've seen a few spaces in need of refreshing in my time. Tell me about the worst space that you've ever seen. Or better yet, if you've got a picture, I want to see it!

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...