Saturday 2 July 2011

Just One Thing.

If you grew up in Canada, chances are that you, your brother, your cousin or that kid down the street had a table hockey set at one point or another. If you're unfamiliar, basically picture a mini version of an ice hockey rink complete with little players, a little puck and rods that move the players around....in other words, hours of fun for kids that didn't have Nintendo (not that I'm complaining).

When I was about 8 or 9 I received a hand-me down table hockey set from one of my older cousins. The rink itself was made out of metal, and I'm almost certain that I cut myself on it a couple of times. It was a bit beat up, some of the players from different teams were missing (no Vancouver Canucks goalie), we used marbles or checkers instead of the original little puck but regardless, my friends and I had a blast.

I'd forgotten about the table set until this afternoon when I was going through my storage room and stumbled across a storage tote with all of the players. I had no idea that they were even in the city with me - I figured that we'd gotten rid of everything years ago, but low and behold there they were....six teams, some with broken sticks, some a bit scratched up, but kind of cool none the less.

I had no idea what I was going to do with my players until I had a sudden brainwave. You see, a couple weeks ago I woke up at a ridiculous hour and went to a gigantic community garage sale in one of those fairly well-to-do neighbourhoods....you know the type. They're selling stuff that's never been used, etc, etc. Anyways, I'd picked up a really cool glass vase for a dime (apparently rich people aren't opposed to selling their crap for pennies on the dollar) and I figured 'hey why not!'

And behold, the result - 


Kind of cool huh? These guys will make for a neat centerpiece on my dining room table until I figure out what else I can do with them. Perhaps a garland of them come Christmas? Hmm.

Any ideas?

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...